Sunday, June 8, 2014

Language Learning through Lang-8.com


I discovered Lang-8.com this week. Lang-8 is a forum where language learners can learn from each other.  You write posts in the language you are trying to learn, and then you correct posts in your native language. You gain points as you correct more posts. More points help your posts get more attention from other users so that they could be attracted to correct your posts.

The learning experience from Lang-8 comes from learning from your errors. I think the best way to use the website is to just type away what you want to say in your target language without being concerned too much about grammatical or sentence structure errors. The more errors and bias you discover on your spelling, verb conjugations or sentence structures, the better, because then, you would have taken note of your errors so that you don't commit them again.

I think I'll finally be able to make regular posts to this blog through what my posts in Lang-8.com.  This blog will thus contain my online diary of the corrections I have received in Lang-8.  

Below are sample shots of my most recent posts. The first line is my original text, the second line is a correction from one of the other users.



Post in Spanish



Post in Japanese

Here is the full text of the corrected version of my second post in Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment